Great Ashley Farm is set in peaceful countryside and offers two guest rooms. The house is 13 years old and whilst we aim to meet the needs of all of our guests there are some features which may make access difficult for people with limited mobility. We are located up a long track and our drive is gravelled. Rooms have standard sized doors and are not suitable for wheelchair users.
We are located along a narrow lane which leads to our farm. Our location is peaceful and fairly secluded and not ideally suited to those travelling without a car.
- The nearest shops are approximately 1 mile away.
- The nearest bus stop is 1 mile away in Winsley & buses run regularly.
- The nearest railway station is Bradford-on-Avon which is less than 2 miles.
- Taxis are usually available at the station but pre-bookings can be made in advance if required.
- We are unable to accommodate animals.
Our website www.greatashley.co.uk provides pictures of our accommodation and further information about the services we provide.
You can contact us by telephone, text, or email. Please see the contact information section of this document for full details.
Arrival & car parking facilities
- We have a preferred arrival time of 4.30 – 7.00pm.
- To ensure you accommodation is ready we ask that guests so not normally arrive before 4.30pm.
- Earlier arrivals may however be possible by prior arrangement.
- Parking is on gravel drive.
- We offer assistance with luggage.
Grounds & Garden
We have large gardens extending to more than an acre. There are gravel areas, lawns, flower beds and large areas of native tree planted. Guests are welcome to enjoy the gardens at all times.
Main entrance & reception
From the gravel drive there are patio slabs approx 3.5 inches high lead to a step 6 inches high into porch. The porch has level patio slabs and steps 3.5 inches high leads through the front door 38 inches wide into the reception.
The front door is usually open, but please knock or ring the bell on your arrival.
Public areas – general (internal)
The house has a large hallway with quarry tiled floor and a large rug leading into the dining room.
The house is centrally heated throughout but temperatures can be adjusted in each room to suit individual requirements.
Breakfast is served in the dining room which has a door width of 29 inches.
The dining room is carpeted.
The dining room table under space is 29 inches from the floor and has rattan chairs. The seat height is 19 inches from the floor.
There is central heating throughout the house.
The temperature of each guest bedroom is controlled by thermostatic controls on the radiators.
The beds are made with duvets. There are two synthetic pillows and two feather pillows in each room.
All linen is pure white cotton. We can provide sheets and blankets on request.
Each bedroom has a hospitality tray with different flavoured teas, coffee, hot chocolate, bottled water and locally made biscuits.
In each room there is a hair dryer, a clock radio and a TV/DVD with remote control.
Each room has storage space which consists of a built in wardrobe with shelving.
Within the wardrobe is an iron and ironing board hung from the wall.
Each room has a dressing table with large mirror over lamps.
There are bedside lights to each side of the beds.
There are fire extinguishers in each bedroom and smoke detectors which link through to the main house.
Bedroom 1 (Ground floor)
The ground floor room is entered from the driveway and has a 3.5 high patio slab leading to a 6 inch step into the room through a 29 inch wide door. There is a zip and link bed which is 72 inches in wide and 78 inches long. This can be divided into two single beds measuring 36 inches wide and 78 inches long. There is a guest bed below measuring 36 inches in width and 72 inches in length. The bed is 22 inches high.
The wardrobe is fitted with shelves and the doorway is 29 inches wide.
The kneehole dressing table is 23 inches under.
Bedroom 2 (First floor)
The first floor room is entered from the driveway via an exterior staircase. Each step is 7.5 inches high and there 14 in total leading onto a small platform which leads into the bedroom via french doors measuring 43 inches wide (21.5 inches each door). There is a double bed which is 54 inches wide and 78 inches long. The bed is 20 inches high.
The wardrobe is fitted with shelves and the doorway is 26 inches wide.
The kneehole dressing table is 23 inches under.
Bathroom, shower-room & wc (ensuite or shared)
Bedroom One (Ground Floor)
En-suite facilities en-suite doorway 29 inches wide. WC height is 16 inches; height of wash-basins is 31 inches.
The step into the shower is 6 inches and the doorway is 29 inches.
Bedroom Two (First Floor)
En-suite facilities – en-suite doorway 26 inches wide; WC height is 16 inches; height of wash-basin is 32 inches.
• There are fire extinguishers in each room and smoke detectors which are wired into the house
• The house is strictly non smoking.
• We are happy to cater for special diets or any particular likes or dislikes. Please advise us of these prior to arrival.
• Any medication can be refrigerated if required.
• Mobile phone reception at the house is generally very good.
• Information folder is produced in varying font sizes from 7 – 18 pitch (can be increased on request)
• Light switches and power points at a sensible height to reach from sitting and standing position
• Mobile Phone reception generally good (Network dependant)
• Local Taxi Co. 01225 868111
• Local Accessible Taxi No. Terry Taxis 07795180596
• Local Equipment Hire Co.
• Bath and Bristol Mobility Centre 0800 783 4119 www.bristolsmobilitycentre.co.uk
• Gompels Community Care, Melksham 01225 702198
• Wiltshire Medical Services – If You Require Medical Assistance Out Of Hours (Weekends, Bank Holidays and Weekends) Telephone 01249 456530
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve. If you have any comments please phone 01225 864563 or email [email protected]